Glass is a great addition to any property as it invites natural light into your property without compromising privacy. When it comes to choosing the right type of glass to incorporate, slumped glass may be the ideal choice.
Slumped glass is an active type of glass that enhances your property’s space while providing aesthetic appeal to your area. However, many are still on the fence about choosing this glass to add to their property—and you might be one of them.
If you want to learn more about slumped glass—what it is and where to use it—read on. If you’re looking for a shower glass panel or another way to add light into your home, keep reading!
What is Slumped Glass?
If you’re thinking of introducing style and dimension to your space with an all-glass feature, slumped glass is a perfect choice. This type of glass can work in any room as it encourages natural light to shine in while providing you with security from the outside. Besides that, you can alter and manipulate the glass to fit the theme of your home.
The slumped glass comes with a plethora of features and customisable options, such as:
- Four sizes of thickness, ranging from 6mm to 15mm;
- It’s toughened and has Grade A safety;
- You can incorporate custom patterns and designs;
- You can choose from 12 standard textures
- It’s certified by Australian Standards
- Has about ten years of warranty
Where Can I Incorporate Slumped Glass in My Home?
- Bathrooms: Having slumped glass in your bathroom is more than perfect if you want to let more light in. With that said, consider installing slumped glass to your doors, walls or shower to give your space a bigger look. Not to mention, using textured glass panels can also give your bathroom a sophisticated aesthetic.
- Kitchen: Your kitchen is the heart of your home, and because of this, you want to ensure that light comes in while giving you ample privacy as you spend time with your loved ones.
- Windows: If you want to have more privacy in your home during the day, slumped glass provides you with enough security compared to clear glass.
- Perimeter Fencing: You can get the same durability and customisation when using slumped glass to fence your home. Not to mention, you’re also making your home stand out, giving your space a unique look.
How to Maintain Slumped Glass
- When cleaning your slumped glass, always ask your contractors for recommended glass cleaners to ensure that you’re washing and cleaning your glass installation safely;
- You must use the right materials when cleaning your glass to avoid any streaks and scratches;
- Sometimes foreign objects can get stuck in your glass. Because of this, remove any stickers and debris right away to prevent further damage.
The Bottom Line: Incorporate Slumped Glass into Your Home for a Unique Feel
Adding textured glass panels to your property can help provide a one-of-a-kind look into your space. With slumped glass, you get to invite more light in without compromising the privacy of your interiors. Of course, it’s best to work with the right suppliers and contractors to ensure that your glass panels are installed safely.
How Can We Help You?
GlassFX produces kiln-fired textured glass panels, backsplashes, signage, and shower screens for domestic and commercial markets. We offer our services to the seaside suburb of Brisbane and the Sunshine Coast. Learn more about how we can elevate your space today!