In most home renovations, the kitchen often gets the most attention because it is often deemed as the heart of the home. If you are looking for a surefire way to give your kitchen a fresh look, then going for a glass splashback will do the trick! However, installing a glass splashback isn’t a decision you make in minutes—it requires plenty of thinking and consideration of several factors because this isn’t a cheap addition to your property.
In this article, we’ll discuss the pros and cons of glass splashbacks to help you make a more informed decision for your home renovation project:
- If installed correctly, the glass splashback can reflect light back into the kitchen to make it look more spacious. It’s an excellent solution for homeowners who are looking for a way to make their kitchens look bigger, as well as those who need more light in this particular area.
- There are plenty of options you can choose from in today’s market, in terms of colours and effects. With that, you can ensure you will be able to find something that will match the theme of your home.
- You can make it the focal point of your kitchen, in which case, adding some LED lights will do the trick to bring out its appeal.
- When it comes to maintenance, you don’t have to worry so much because it’s easy to clean. All you need is a clean cloth, dip it in the washing solution, and wipe any stains away.
- Since glass splashbacks have many options, you will find different price ranges that can fit almost any type of budget.
- The installation of glass splashbacks is more complicated compared to paint or other types of splashbacks. Since it’s made of glass, it’s more fragile and must be handled with care. On top of that, it requires neat finishing, meaning that it needs professional tools for proper installation.
- If you’re looking for a “cheap” way to spruce up your kitchen, then glass splashback isn’t the best option for you, as this type of splashback costs more than others.
Now that you know the pros and cons of a glass splashback, here are additional pieces of information to help you make a well-informed decision:
The height of the splashback must be right—it should be a few centimetres above the bench surface. At the same time, remember that your choice has both aesthetic and functional outcomes.
As mentioned, this type of kitchen splashback doesn’t come cheap, but there are different price ranges you can choose from. For this reason, it’s vital that you set a budget so that you will avoid overspending. Aside from the materials, the installation costs must be taken into consideration as well. At the same time, you should research and speak with several companies to help you narrow down your search to have the right splashback at a price that suits your budget.
Indeed, one of the most effective ways to breathe new life into your kitchen is by adding a glass splashback. Albeit there are different types of splashbacks that you can choose from, glass material can help you enhance the aesthetics of your kitchen by a significant margin. With so many choices to choose from, you will find one that will complement your home.
Make sure you get glass materials for your splashbacks from a reliable supplier in Brisbane and the Sunshine Coast. As mentioned, do your homework to help you find the best one because a glass splashback will be a total game-changer in your kitchen.
At GlassFX, we carry a proven track record of accomplishment as manufacturers and suppliers of glass products in Queensland. If you are looking for high-quality painted glass splashbacks for your home renovation, get in touch with us today for a free quote!