Your kitchen is the heart of your home, so how it looks is important. No wonder most homeowners invest a lot of money to make their kitchen stand out. If you’re looking for an easy way to transform the look of your kitchen, consider a new splashback.
A new splashback installed in your kitchen can make a lot of difference, and there are many choices to choose from, yet one of the most popular is a glass splashback. The thing is, what is the right colour to use for it?
The Right Colour
When you choose a glass splashback for your kitchen, you need to select the right colour. However, you need to consider a few things, such as the appliances, the cabinets, the floor, and the benchtop. These considerations make the process more complicated, but don’t worry; we’ll guide you!
An effective way to help you find the right colour is to explore your options carefully and then spend some time with your choices. Visualise how your kitchen will look with the colours of glass splashback.
Here are some other tips to help you choose the right colour:
- Consider neutral shades: Choose only neutral shades as they can provide a soft harmony of complementing colours.
- Find a good tone: Naturally, your cabinets are one of the driving forces behind the colour you choose for the glass splashback. With that, choose a good tone.
- Consider samples: Don’t just rely on a colour chart; ask for actual glass samples instead. Take these samples home to see how they will look in your kitchen and compare the tones. It’s also a good idea to look at the glass at different times of the day and under different lighting conditions.
Misconceptions about Colours for Glass Splashbacks
To help you further find the right colour for your kitchen glass splashback, it’s also helpful to know about the common misconceptions about it.
1. Only Solid Colours Are Appropriate for Glass Splashbacks
First, many people think that only solid colours go with this type of splashback. You can now use almost any colour you want, thanks to cutting-edge glazing techniques. It will let you apply paints with other finish types to incorporate elements of depth and movement as well.
2. The Colour Might Not be Timeless
Second, many homeowners think that the colour might lose its appeal over time. Sure, many trends come and go, but the thing is, you’re working with a glass splashback. Glass splashbacks accentuate design elements in the kitchen, which is why it’s very popular today.
You can consistently achieve a timeless style for your glass splashback as long as you work with the right designer.
3. Any Paint Would Do
Finally, there’s a common misconception that any paint will work with the glass splashback. The truth is, only high-quality paints will work for this type of material. Therefore, you need to choose wisely and be willing to invest in good paint.
There are a lot of choices for glass splashback colours you can choose from for your kitchen. Use the information in this post to help you find the right colour to make your kitchen stand out.
Get high-quality glass splashbacks in Brisbane and the Sunshine Coast here at GlassFX. We specialise in painted glass splashbacks for residential, commercial and architectural applications. Contact us and transform your kitchen today!