Cleaning any type of splashbacks can be done as soon as there are spills on the surface. However, glass splashbacks can be damaged by harsh cleaners and abrasive cloths. It is essential to learn the proper ways of cleaning your splashbacks to reduce the risks of acquiring stains on the glass.
You might be thinking of ways how to keep your glass splashbacks sparkling clean, so here are some valuable tips for you:
- Ensure that you use a safe and good quality glass cleaner to remove dirt from the glass splashbacks.
- Use microfibre cloths as they work better compared to other types of fabric when cleaning glass splashbacks.
- Avoid cleaning the glass when direct sunlight is striking it. The sun’s ray may heat the glass and dry out the cleaning solution, making it more challenging to achieve a streak-free finish.
- You can use a white vinegar solution for glass splashbacks. Combine one part of white vinegar with four parts of water. Put the solution into a spray bottle before using it.
- Make sure that the cloth you’ll use for cleaning is lint-free. A good alternative for wiping off glass surfaces is a newspaper. Wear kitchen gloves when cleaning to avoid newspapers staining your hand.
- When you get streaks when cleaning glass splashbacks, use distilled water instead for your vinegar and water solution. Distilled water is free from minerals, unlike tap water.
- If there is a particularly stubborn stain that can’t be removed by just wiping off, try leaving the vinegar solution or glass cleaner for about two minutes. Do not try to remove the stain by using an abrasive cloth. It can damage the glass splashbacks more.
It is advisable to replace the sealant of your glass splashbacks after five years or more. You can inquire to your suppliers for advice on what type of sealant will be best to use. You can also hire them to do the job to make sure that the sealer is applied correctly.
The Don’ts to Remember When Cleaning Glass Splashbacks
Here are four things not to do when cleaning glass splashbacks:
- Avoid using abrasive cloths, plastics and metals. They can ruin the surface of any splashbacks.
- Do not keep stains for a long time. They should be removed immediately. Remember that splashbacks are porous, and leaving anything on them can result in stubborn stains.
- Do not use strong chemicals that destroy the sealer of your benchtops and splashbacks. Make sure to use only the recommended products or some natural solutions. Paint thinners and other chemicals are to be avoided since they can damage the splashback.
- Do not disregard any break in the sealant around the splashbacks. When taken for granted, this can lead to more significant issues over time.
Glass splashbacks can help give your kitchen and other parts of the home a more gorgeous and modern appeal. It is essential to learn the proper ways on how to clean them to avoid damaging the splashbacks. Using suitable cleaning materials and solutions will make your glass splashbacks look new and sparkling through the years.
Proper cleaning and maintenance of your glass splashbacks greatly matter. When it comes to stunning glass splashbacks in Brisbane, Glass FX is the one to trust. Learn more about our glass splashbacks for commercial, domestic and architectural applications by browsing through our site.